Sunday, May 12, 2013

Goldberry's green monster of a dress

Yes, the green UFO overdress dress is still giving me issues... So though I fixed and mostly finished it (just needs proper lacing), I'm not going to count it for this challenge after all... The fit is less than stellar, even with taking out and re-sewing all of the skirt seams, and it doesn't work with the image of Goldberry as I had hoped it would. She is graceful, the dress is not; she is elegant, the dress is not. *sigh*  It's not a bad dress, per sé, it's just more appropriate for a faire or something like that.

Thankfully, I have a back-up plan, though there is (yet another) time crunch (sadly, this looks like a pattern...).

I will recreate her silver-green dress as a medieval cotehardie instead, using non-period (though looks it, almost) fabric.  I was originally planning on a reversible dress using the UFO green dress and this other fabric, but since that dress isn't quite up to par, and I'm making the silver-green anyway, might as well just make it as it should be and on its own.

(Once I finish the lacing of the UFO dress, and making of the silver-green, I'll post photos on here for comparison purposes.)

Hello, Monday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment