I'm almost done with the skirt for the 1865 midnight evening gown (except for hemming and the waistband fastening) - pictures below.
The next part will be to measure and cut/pin the bodice after I make an 1865 cotton chemise so I get the bodice neckline right (for the HSF #11 - squares, etc. challenge. I have found a way to make a Victorian chemise without using curved edges and to still have it look like a chemise from 1865 that I found via the Met Museum's web site... and that is also based on a historical pattern... I've started on it and so far it looks reasonable).
Skirt pictures below...
The fabric (it looks black in the next pictures due to the lighting, better lighting below):
Measuring out the skirt panels:
Sewn panels, side view (inside out) - front view - back view:
Gathered top, front view - back view:
Waistband:
Full skirt (unhemmed), over hoops, front - side - back:
Top with waistband pinned on (color is closer in this and the next):
Top without waistband (you can see the pocket slit on the right side, and opening on the left; front of the skirt is to the top)












No comments:
Post a Comment