Work's been insane this week, so haven't had time to sew much... I completed half of a quilted petticoat (cheated a bit with pre-quilted fabric) and cutting/pinning the chemise, in addition to sewing the ribbon ties to the skirt.
So, here's a couple pictures of the gown with the sleeves sewn on, and one with the flounces "put" on (not even pinned at that point) just to see how they look. Have a few modifications to make to the bodice as well, so the next batch of pictures will be the (hopefully) completed ones (perhaps even with accessories finished; we'll see what progress can be made this weekend)...
I'm not super excited about how the sleeves turned out. WAY too many wrinkles... will probably have to take in the top a half inch or so; even though the mock-up sleeve pinned and fit fine (grr), looks like I may have gotten the alignment of the seams slightly off (or didn't take in enough at the top). But, as this dress is essentially a (hopefully wearable) muslin for the "dresses that count" (the tablecloth and/or non-period cranberry copperplate anglaise en fourreau and the Waverly/curtain saque), a little bit of a learning curve is ok, right? :-)
Pictures...
 |
| Overall, came out well, I think... |
 |
| Pardon the pins... not enough external hooks/eyes |
 |
| ...flounces look nice, but too many wrinkles! |
And... just a teaser for another upcoming project. Was actually looking for ombre fabric for my interpretation of Padmé's Lake Gown, and stumbled across this (which isn't exactly chiffon so wouldn't work for that... but, it was on sale and there was all of a yard and change left; favorite colors and all, couldn't pass it up).
 |
| ...it's just pinned and tied on in this, as I was experimenting with draping |
 |
| There were two pieces; the smaller I'm thinking of making into some kind of shrug/overshirt |
No comments:
Post a Comment