Bodice, lining pinned in place:
Then, once the lining was pinned, I created a sleeve mock-up out of the lining fabric.
I pinned that to the armscye of the bodice and it worked - it would need a few pleats at the top, but that's fine because that's period. So, I used it as a model to cut out two sleeves from the cranberry, and then pinned the sleeves onto the (much-pinned) bodice so that the lining covered the edges, and roll-hemmed where the edges were exposed.
I pinned that to the armscye of the bodice and it worked - it would need a few pleats at the top, but that's fine because that's period. So, I used it as a model to cut out two sleeves from the cranberry, and then pinned the sleeves onto the (much-pinned) bodice so that the lining covered the edges, and roll-hemmed where the edges were exposed.
Bodice, lining and sleeves pinned, inside (the sleeves are inside out):
Bodice, lining and sleeves pinned, outside front:
Detail of bodice closure - I used two rows of hooks/eyes: one on the inside from the under layer to the seam of the over layer (this holds the bodice closed), and then a row of hooks on the underside of the over layer which hook into the seam of the fabric strip below it so the two strips overlap completely:
Bodice, lining and sleeves pinned, outside back (pardon the wrinkles, please):
Detail of bodice closure - I used two rows of hooks/eyes: one on the inside from the under layer to the seam of the over layer (this holds the bodice closed), and then a row of hooks on the underside of the over layer which hook into the seam of the fabric strip below it so the two strips overlap completely:
Bodice, lining and sleeves pinned, outside back (pardon the wrinkles, please):
Not going to put that on with so many pins; my fingers may be needle-proof, but my arms sure aren't!










No comments:
Post a Comment