With the extra strip that was left over from when I cut the skirt, I decided to make sleeve flounces for the 3/4 length sleeves. Anglaise sleeves sometimes had flounces and sometimes didn't; the Snowhill Manor dress did, so I'm basing mine on that. And yes, I worked on the flounces before I measured/cut/attached the sleeves to the bodice. I'm not a fan of sleeves (most costumers aren't; especially period sleeves because they're very tricksy), so I did the easy stuff first.
Sleeve flounces strip and partial pinning:
Sleeve flounce, fully pinned (and standing upright on its hem):
Sleeve flounces, sewn (pinned together):
Fixing the bodice...
I then was debating how to fix the bodice, as from the previous post it was obviously too narrow. I re-did the stays to make them a bit smaller in the right silhouette, and added back-lacing, and that helped for part of it, but there was still a small gap (1/4", would be about an inch if I roll-hemmed the edges as I was planning) and I realized that to make everything fit smoothly, I would need to either add a 1" width panel between the side-back and the front panels on each side, or add a 1.5" strip down the front (what I did).
Sewn bodice:
Full length, front (post-revision of the stays):
Full length, back (post-revision of the stays):
Bodice, front:
Bodice, back:







No comments:
Post a Comment